INTERREG EUROPE is one of the instruments for the implementation of the EU’s cohesion policy supporting the goals of the Europe 2020 strategy.
The overall objective of the programme is to improve the implementation of policies and programmes for regional development, principally of programmes under the Investment for Growth and Jobs goal and, where relevant, of programmes under the ETC goal, by promoting exchange of experience and policy learning among actors of regional relevance.
The programme covers the whole territory of the European Union (EU) and Norway and Switzerland.
The programme is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) with a budget of EUR 359 million for the 2014-2020 period and national co-financing of about EUR 67 million.
INTERREG EUROPE will work on the following four topics, all related to regional development:
- Research, technological development and innovation
- Competitiveness of SMEs
- Low carbon economy
- Environment and resource efficiency
Organisations based in the 28 EU member states, Norway or Switzerland are eligible for funding if they are:
- National, regional or local public authorities
- Other institutions governed by public law (e.g. universities, regional development agencies, business support actors, etc.)
- Private non-profit bodies.
More information can be found at the programme website https://www.interregeurope.eu/.